China here we come!!

I don't have much to say today, as I'm completely exhausted from a hellacious week at work... but I wanted to post one last time before I wandered off this side of the globe.

In 12 hours, Mike and I will be sitting in the Las Vegas airport waiting for our flight to San Francisco, which will then lead us to a flight to China!  Woo!  China!


This is my excited face!  I'm going to do a combination of being an insane tourist and seeing all of the awesome stuff that China has to offer, and relaxing and getting a lot of massages.  Massages are cheap and unlike in the US aren't often confused as a method of prostitution... don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are plenty of "happy ending" massage parlors to be found, but the general idea is if you want a massage, it's because your back or feet are sore.  :)

After this week, if I wasn't going to China, I would just dig a hole and hide for the next 10 days.  My students have been absolutely insane this week -- so much so that on Wednesday, I actually begged (no, I'm not exaggerating, I begged) my administrator to keep a couple of the kids in in-house suspension on Thursday because they had such horrid behavior.  Sooooo terrible.  A couple of kids commended me for not punching one of them.  I hadn't really considered it, but once they said something,  I realized that had I been a student rather than an adult, I might have gotten into a fight.

This is seriously how I felt...



Today, the kid crossed all bounds of common sense and decency.  He called me racist nine times (I actually counted so I could write an office referral) because I asked him to do his work.  Then when that didn't work for him, he told me (I'm not kidding, this is probably one of the most creative versions of insubordination I've ever heard) "The day you become my mama is the day you can tell me what to do.  Until then, be quiet and leave me alone."

The kid is 12.

TWELVE.

I'll just let that sink in for a moment.

In the meantime, I've had enough kids for one week.  I'm going to China!  (No way they can find me there)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working in the coal mines...

Customer Service Fail

Dear America: a letter from Las Vegas