A new identity

Today, somewhere between my house and UNLV and Biltmore, I lost my wallet.  UNLV and Biltmore are probably the two worst places in Las Vegas to lose one's wallet, short of a crack den.  I was really excited because I was going to UNLV to pay my tuition deposit for law school.  Oh yeah, I said it, law school.  I haven't made a huge announcement, but I'm starting night school in August.

I went to UNLV to pay my deposit, had to show the gal my driver's license and then was on to Biltmore to sign some papers for some students.  Then I had to go to the post office.  When I got to the post office, I had no wallet.  Just an empty purse. Of course, I was heartbroken.  I called some people, I went back to look and nothing!

Not only was this sad for the obvious reason, but it was also sad because it killed my lunch and mani/pedi plans with my friend Jessica.  I went home and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too difficult to report everything lost.  My biggest fear was the DMV.  The Las Vegas DMV is notoriously horrible and I'm happy to report that I don't have to go there. I was able to report my license lost and print a temp from home.

My credit cards were more of a hassle, calling everyone individually.  I have to try and replace my CCSD ID card tomorrow... other things can't be replaced until my new driver's license arrives next week. 

But, for now, I'm off the grid without wanting to be off the grid.  I don't have a photo ID, credit card or anything.  I had a nearly impossible time going to the bank and getting cash out of my account.  I wanted to buy some things at the store, but thought twice about it because I didn't want to have to go to the bank again.  I'm going out of town on a girl's trip this weekend and am incredibly nervous.  Will the hotel let me check in?  Can I use Mike's credit card when I check into the hotel?  Ugh.  Hopefully this works.  Wish me luck!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working in the coal mines...

Customer Service Fail

On teaching...