Internet Famous! Woot!


This picture has made Mike and I internet famous - in a HUGE way.  I'm not exactly sure how or when it started, but someone linked this photo from my Facebook page to a "weird wedding photos" contest.  The website actually emailed me to ask if they could use it and got my explanation of the photo.  I mean, look at it -- it's a weird picture.

And the internet seems to agree with us.  Every few months it seems to pop up on a list of 21 Wedding Photos that went Hilariously Wrong or something equally weird.  We even made Buzzfeed, which is kind of awesome, because I love Buzzfeed.  We are also on The Daily Mail.

However, there's a problem.  I realized today, after the latest round of internet weirdness - this time on  twentytwowords.com - that somewhere along the way, someone in Poland decided they would claim the rights to this photo - and went so far as to put a watermark on it claiming ownership.  THAT part upsets me.  Because, guess who owns the copyright to this photo?  Me.  Yup, that's right, me.  I bought the wedding photos, therefore, I also brought the copyright.  It's one thing to use my photo on your weird Polish list of weird wedding photos, but don't claim you own the photos.

So now, my new goal is to contact as many of these websites as possible and set the record straight... I doubt I have any particular recourse, but if any of my Copyright Law friends have any ideas, I'd be happy to hear them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working in the coal mines...

Customer Service Fail

On teaching...